Sunday 23 November 2014

Report: Thinkers' Club Session16

Date: 23rd November, 2015
Session # 16
Attended by:11 participants
Report written by: Fatima Salman

Today was our first big rehearsal of the play. In the audience were parents of some of the members. We were all excited as well as nervous, quickly revising our lines with each other before the play began.

The play went very well. A couple of characters were unable to come today, because they were ill. But overall, the performance was a lot better than the previous times. Maybe it was even because we were conscious of people watching us. We did the play twice, the second time, it was video recorded too. Then the (video of) play was shown to us. Most people didn’t like seeing themselves on the screen, but as everyone was saying, it’ll help us improve, Insha Allah.

The costume and backdrop designer came today, and she took the sizes of the characters and planned the backdrops.

Some of the children will meet again this week, on a day decided, for extra rehearsals. The whole audience was very happy with the play and they enjoyed watching it, giving each person advice and tips for improvement. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! That's a great way to improve and give confidence! How did your role go, Fatima? I don't remember if I asked or not already, but will there be a home task in the meantime before you perform the real act? Can't wait to hear more! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My role went good, I guess, I just didn't like seeing myself in the video that we recorded. I practice by recording my voice and listening to it again to see where I can improve.
      And yes, there will be more home tasks in the meantime, Some questions will be shared soon to research and reflect upon.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I can relate to that. It's great your role went well though! Good idea. Sounds awesome! I can't wait! x3

      Delete