Sunday 9 November 2014

Report: Thinkers' Club Session 14

Date: 8th November, 2014
Session # 14
Attended by: 13 participants
Report written by: Fatima Salman

Today, the second play was handed out. It’s not exactly another play, though; it can be called the first act or a kind of prologue of the original play. There are two characters in it: A small boy and his elder sister. The boy comes to his sister and asks if she can read him a story.  She asks about what he’s reading and tells him about Aesop’s Fables.  Then she says that she’ll tell him a story by Aesop. After this act, the play, ‘Who will put the bell on the Cat’, will start.


We rehearsed a lot, trying to make each move perfect. Most people had memorized their lines and were performing without their scripts. Then we recorded our play for our improvement. We plan to meet once or twice again this week (before the next session) for more practice, Insha Allah.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds really intriguing! I like the idea of the prologue. Personally, I think memorising lines is tricky but fun! How's your role going along, Fatima?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's good. Only, I don't like performing in front of so many people, even if they are my friends!! But the play is overall, getting better, as everyone's improving.

      Delete
    2. I can totally relate to that! The nervousness should fade after actually performing though. ^^ That's great! And I hope you don't mind me saying this again, but good luck!! ;D

      Delete
    3. Why would I mind?! :) You are a friend, even if just virtual! I wonder if we'll ever meet in real!!

      Delete
    4. :D Same goes for you! <3 Haha, yeah, you'd be on my list of those I want to see!

      Delete
  2. Inshallah it will be a success. ��

    ReplyDelete