Monday 6 October 2014

Beauty vs Fashion by Zainab Salman (club member)

Fashion is something somebody likes, which gradually becomes ‘Fashion’. For example, nowadays, the ‘Fashion’ is to wear torn Jeans that are torn from one knee. But if someone gives me a ‘fashionable ‘ pair of torn Jeans,  which doesn’t look ‘beautiful’, but it’s quite ‘fashionable’, I may wear it. But if it’s not Beautiful, I’ll patch it up, so it looks much better, and even if it’s not ‘fashionable’ at least it’s ‘beautiful’. This is a simple version of defining and differentiating between what’s ‘Fashion’ and what’s ‘Beauty’ and learning which one is better.  If you go for ‘Fashionable’ and not ‘Beautiful’, you should think once again. For example, if the Fashion is to wear long shirt and I get one stitched, and start wearing it. But soon, as it does, the fashion will change to short shirts, and my long shirt will be left behind, useless. So it’s much better to choose ‘Beauty’, rather than ‘Fashion’,  because your definition of Beauty won’t change soon, and if it does, you’re the one in control of it, and Beauty is always Beauty whether it’s Fashionable or not. 
Can you tell which one is Fashion and which is Beauty?



1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice work, Zainab! Torn/faded jeans are very popular here in the UK. I'm not in the trend though. XD I love the way you've defined fashion and beauty! Brilliant job! To answer the question, I think the first picture represents beauty and the second represents fashion. Am I right? :D

    ReplyDelete