Thursday 14 August 2014

A Story on an Animal: Stray Cat

This is a story about a stray cat from it's perspective, written by Zainab Salman in Session 2.


I am a stray cat. I am sitting on the top of the garden fence, smelling about for some food. Suddenly, I smell some milk and I follow the smell. I see a saucer full of milk and I bow my head to lap it up, But all of a sudden, A girl pops out of a corner and yells BOO!!!

I feel so scared and I run away, out on the street. I stop by a kind old lady who’s on a wheelchair. She sits out in her garden every evening and sometimes throws me some meat or cat biscuits. She also owns this awful Persian cat who hates me very much.  (I usually keep a distance with her in case of any attacks!) The old lady throws out some over boiled meat and I start nibbling it up even though I really hate boiled meat. I prefer raw fish, but she doesn't know that and I don’t care because I am way too hungry. I lick my paws and purr. Then I walk away and settle down at a corner for a sleep. I wake up to see some boys throwing me some popcorn. I chew some up, and walk away to a corner of soft grass because it is a purrrfect place for a purrfect nap. Meeoow!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work Zainab! I love how you include both positive as well as negative details about what happens to the cat. :) Awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not easy to put oneself in someone else's place and think. But writers know the art quite well. Good writing! Now I understand why the stray cat that use to come to our house is quite hesitant eating food other than meat (which my mother gives her every so often).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed by your writing skills.

    ReplyDelete